The second batch of non-BBA dough this year was this one, baked about ago, but only posted now. Buying a half-loaf of bread weighing 1,7kg sort of derailed my bread plans since then, so you'll have to wait a while for more posts from My Bread Year.
So. One morning just before I left for work, I realized I hadn't made any bread and had way too much starter on hand. I usually build up my starters so that I have about 300g by the weekend for baking. If I'm feeling particularly ambitious, I'll start a day early and kick it up to 600g in order to have enough for a miche.
The DLX can handle an insane amount of dough. This one was 3,3kg, and didn't strain the machine, but almost filled it to capacity.
I occasionally make a sourdough in 15 minutes before I go to bed, and leave it to rise in the bowl of the DLX overnight. However, I have never tried letting it rise during the day, while I'm at work. Okay, once I did, but the dough didn't rise and the resulting product had to be thrown out.
This time, though, the dough rose, and I did a few stretch and folds before forming batards and one big miche.
Unfortunately, the bread was too big for the baking stone; some of the dough poured over.
The oven spring was unremarkable. Perhaps because I baked the miche after the batards, which meant the baking stone had cooled a bit. Still, the bread was flavorful, and remarkably hole-y.
I only managed to get a picture of one of the three batards. The others were eaten pretty quickly. They were pretty mangled, since they were a bit too long for my 30cm square baking stone.
Another example of the bread pouring off the edges. In this case it was because they were rolled out too long.
From this angle, it almost looks like a club foot.
No recipe this time because I lost the piece of paper on which I wrote the flour mix. The only details I can remember is that I used a mixture of Type 405 flour, which was on-hand, as well as some Type 1050 and Type 812. The hydration was 66% as calculated in the few rushed minutes before work.
10 hours ago