So here we are once again.
I just want to plug Nicole's Site: Pinch My Salt, which was the origin of this Bread Baker's Apprentice Challenge as I am trying to remember how I came to join the challenge.
It all started with a quest for good pizza. I checked out Jeff Varasano's Pizza page, which led me to the Electrolux Assistent DLX/N26/AKM4110W. From there, I got interested in making bread, which led me to The Fresh Loaf. I saw on the side that they had The Bread Baker's Apprentice as a featured book, so I asked my girlfriend to bring it back from the States during her visit. At the same time, I discovered three blogs out of the haze of food blogs out there: Smitten Kitchen, Flour Girl, and Pinch My Salt.
I started reading The Bread Baker's Apprentice by Peter Reinhart, and had just gotten to the recipe when the challenge was announced. I thought about it, but then went back to reading the book. It wasn't until a post on The Fresh Loaf that brought the challenge back to my attention. I thought seriously about it. This would be a huge time committment.
But then I joined on impulse. About 40 weeks of breads.
And here we are.
Late Summer Harvest Salad with Pistachio Vinaigrette
16 hours ago

This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete