Saturday, June 6, 2009

Margrethe Mixing Bowls

Although I am probably not going to blog every day, I do want to showcase some of the things I cook and bake with, in case others are interested.



I first encountered these bowls at Pot and Pepper, a kitchen store in Steglitz. I saw a couple of the 4L bowls stacked on the floor and immediately wanted the orange one. A few days later, I paid a visit to the Küchenladen in Charlottenburg. Alas, they only had the 3L orange one, and a black 4L one. The shopkeeper had told me that they had low stock because of the after-Christmas season.


I ended up ordering them from Hoffmann und Kessel in Dortmund. The sizes are 4L, 3L, 2L, 1,5L, 750mL, 500mL, 350mL and 150mL for the wee one, which I use to weigh the salt for my bread. I love the small handle and the spout opposite. Also, the fact that they are stackable, though they don't perfectly fit together.


I also got an additonal red 4L bowl because I just couldn't resist. Unfortunately, I love the red color even more than the orange, so I am now considering getting three additional red ones in the larger size.

Here's a picture of the bowls in action. This is from the day I made bagels. The orange one with the lid holds three liters and contained the Pate Fermentee. The one below held a batch of Pain a l'Ancienne which was baked four days after it was mixed with no ill effects.


Yes, I know I already posted this picture with the Bagel post, but it shows off the bowls so nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment